W. R. Kenan, Jr. Distinguished Professor and Chair, Department of Biostatistics,
and Professor, Department of Statistics and Operations Research,
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
Ph.D., University of Washington, 1991
3101 McGavran-Greenberg Hall
Chapel Hill, NC 27599-7420
Phone: (919) 966-8107, Fax: (919) 966-3804
Research Interests: Biostatistics, Bioinformatics, Empirical processes, Statistical learning, Data mining,
Semiparametric inference, Monte Carlo methods, Survival analysis, Clinical trials, Personalized medicine,
Cancer, Cystic fibrosis.
M. R. Kosorok (2008). Introduction to Empirical Processes and Semiparametric
Inference. Springer: New York.
Click here to download the first 14 chapters. Click here to see errata.
Teaching and Mentoring
· Current Course:
Bios 791: Empirical Processes and Semiparametric Inference. Tuesdays and Thursdays 9:30-10:45AM in 1301 McGavran-Greenberg Hall. Click here for syllabus. Click here for problem sets and solutions. Lectures: lecture01, lecture02, lecture03, lecture04, lecture05, lecture06, lecture07, lecture08, lecture09, lecture10, lecture 11, lecture12, lecture13, lecture14, lecture15, lecture16, lecture17, lecture19, lecture20, lecture21, lecture22, lecture23, lecture24, lecture25, lecture26, lecture27.
· Associate Editor, Annals of Statistics, 2004-
· Associate Editor, Electronic Journal of Statistics, 2007-2009
· Associate Editor, International Journal of Biostatistics, 2005-
· Associate Editor, Journal of the American Statistical Association, Theory and Methods, 2011-
· Associate Editor, Journal of the Royal Statistical Society, Series B, 2015-
· Associate Editor, Statistics and Probability Letters, 2007-2009
· Associate Editor, Statistics Surveys, 2007-2009