W. R. Kenan, Jr. Distinguished Professor and Chair, Department of Biostatistics,
and Professor, Department of Statistics and Operations Research,
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
Ph.D., University of Washington, 1991
3101 McGavran-Greenberg Hall
Chapel Hill, NC 27599-7420
Phone: (919) 966-8107, Fax: (919) 966-3804
Research Interests: Biostatistics, Bioinformatics, Empirical processes, Statistical learning, Data mining,
Semiparametric inference, Monte Carlo methods, Survival analysis, Clinical trials, Personalized medicine,
Cancer, Cystic fibrosis.
M. R. Kosorok (2008). Introduction to Empirical Processes and Semiparametric
Inference. Springer: New York.
Click here to download the first 14 chapters. Click here to see errata.
Teaching and Mentoring
· Current Course:
Bios 760: Advanced Probability and Statistical Inference (I). Fall 2014, Mondays and Wednesdays, 11:15-1:10PM, in room HC 0003. Click here for course web site.
· Associate Editor, Annals of Statistics, 2004-
· Associate Editor, Electronic Journal of Statistics, 2007-2009
· Associate Editor, International Journal of Biostatistics, 2005-
· Associate Editor, Journal of the American Statistical Association, Theory and Methods, 2011-
· Associate Editor, Statistics and Probability Letters, 2007-2009
· Associate Editor, Statistics Surveys, 2007-2009